This week, EADA’s International Master in Management participants in the strategic specialisation of Tech Management completed a consulting project for the SAP Digital Hub Barcelona, one of the world’s leading producers of software for the management of business processes. Students have been preparing for this moment since mid-June, when they began a series of courses designed to make them effective leaders in the tech-driven world of tomorrow.
In the courses, participants developed the skillset to take on the SAP Digital Hub Barcelona consulting project in the final week of their specialisation, focusing on:
- Best practices in the design and implementation of Information Systems.
- Big Data and application areas in a company
- The benefits of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in business
- The forces that drive change and effective implementation approaches
“The Tech Management specialisation gives participants the opportunity to learn and experience how technology and digital transformation fuel business adaptation and innovation,” says Antony Poole, coordinator of the specialisation and director of EADA’s International Master in Marketing.
The Tech Management specialisation culminates this week in the SAP consulting project, during which participants work immersively with SAP managers on a real SAP market project. The project is led by Head of Network & Community, Tina Alsted Grejsen, dedicated to combining and aligning internal and external networks in the SAP Digital Hub Barcelona.
“We are thrilled to be working with EADA students on a business project applying the theory they have learned on real business examples,” says Tina. “We are lucky to have quite a few EADA alumni at SAP, and during the consulting project this year we have also identified the next generation of talent at the SAP Digital Hub Barcelona”
During the project, six teams work in parallel on five different European markets and industries. These teams are challenged and guided to research and understand how digital technology can create real outcomes and business value for companies. In the final stage of the project, teams make a sales pitch for the C-suite of an existing or potential customer. Through this process participants gain key learning into three main areas:
- how companies can use digital technology to transform their business and compete more successfully
- how one of the world’s leading tech companies takes a new offering to market
- the challenges of prioritising where a particular technology can add most value to business and developing a successful implementation plan.
“The Digital Transformation Business Project with SAP Digital Hub Barcelona gives graduating MiM participants deep insight into the reality of how digital technology can transform business, now and in the future,” says Poole.